Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I am not very good in English and do trust that you can understand

Customer Question

I am not very good in English and do trust that you can understand my question My husband had very poor sight since he was a boy He's wearing very thick glasses He was recently diagnosed with cataract, keratoconus, glocouma, and blepharospasm He had botox injected by Doctors 2 times but seems to be allergic It helped nothing for the spasm but his mouth was affected because the muscle around his mouth would not work properly His whole face are starting to make spasm He's walking around most of the time with his he's eyes closed because he can not keep them open He is a farmer and needs to move around but it's getting more diffucult to get along Could magnesium, calcium and omega with a good multivitamin make a difference? We had he's thymus gland checked and it is normal
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I don't think that dietary supplements, such as what you have suggested, will really improve his situation much, if at all.

Dr. Rick :

If you can find a neuro-ophthalmologist to examine your husband that would probably be best.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr Rick Reference order number 10017692 - 447 We are searching for a Neuro-ophthamologist in South-Africa and really appreciate your answer I don't know whether I've clicked the correct "accept answer" but we are VERY SATISFIED with your answer. I google and could not find a Neuro-ophthamologist We got some information relating to the issue at the eye institute in Pretoria but they could only refer me to the specialist my husband was seeing (Ophthamologist) but they are not aware of a Neuro-ophthamologist I've asked our GP and he will try to find us one. Don't know if you are giving information regarding possible references but if possible and we can receive a hospital or research centre who can give us a referral we would really appreciate it

Thank you once again for your excellent service!
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Your local doctors will know a lot more then I would concerning hospital and/or research centers in your area....all I could do is look for names on the internet, which I bet you could do better then I could. I am located in Wisconsin USA and don't know much about your area :(

Yes. You pressed the correct accept button. I am glad that I could help you.

If you have a chance drop me a note and let me know how things turn out. You can post to this thread or ask for me at the main screen at no additional charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll do that Thank you so, sO very, veRy much! Good luck with everything I know that God will help us find the correct person soon Trust that you will enjoy your evening gOOd nigHt from SA!!! Cherio x!
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Have a wonderful holiday season. Say "Hi" to the Southern Cross for me....I hope to view it in person someday :)

I hope your husband gets better soon.