Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

by accident i hit my eye and its become black around .today

by accident i hit my eye and its become black around .today is sunday and every office is clousde .what can ido write now?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What did you hit your eye with? How is your vision at this moment in the affected eye?

Customer:

i open big box andhit my self.vision isalittle blure

Dr. Rick :

Does it feel like you have something in your eye?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still here if you would like to continue to work on your question.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Sorry about the technical difficulties with the chat system.

If you do not have a feeling that something is in your eye, which would be suggestive of a scratch on your eyeball (corneal abrasion) you should be OK.

I suggest you continue with the cold compresses and also use some artificial tears to soothe your eye. The bruise, like a bruise elsewhere on your body, may spread a little bit and change colors as it resolves over the next few weeks.

Of course, should you notice a further decrease in your vision, have any new or significant pain in the area or if you are just worried I'd suggest you have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.