Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Mother plays with a toy Mrs Smith, we need your help. Hey

Customer Question

Mother plays with a toy
Mrs Smith, we need your help.

Hey Dr DanB,

I just wanted to follow up with you on my question. I went to a Neuro who referred me to an ENT. Does a negative CTA eliminates the need for an MRA-if the results are relatively inter-changeable. Also, i have noticed that my symptoms are repeatedly triggered at night w lying on my stomach with my neck up. ( symptoms are tinnitus, dizziness, and double vision). Aside form that just waiting for the appt with an ENT in 3 months (hospital appt.. have no insurance) Hope all is well.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Many times a CTA can be a good substitute for an MRI, especially in cases of the posterior circulation of the brain, but not being a radiologist I can't say this for certain. It looks like you are in the right track though. If the neurologist can't find anything wrong the ENT is the next best place to go.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily offline.  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.