Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

irritating eye allergies related..irritation is inside eye lids

Customer Question

I have irritating eye allergies related to Eczma - this is a chronic problem - what do you recommend for relief or medication? My Determatologist cannot seem to help with eye issues. The irritation is inside eye lids.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I agree with staying away from the histamine medicines as they are, at best, XXXXX XXXXX temporary solution to your problem.

Customer:

How do I deal with this issue without damaging my eyes, but also getting relief -

Customer:

Hi are you there?

Dr. Rick :

What have you tried, concerning your eyes, so far?

Customer:

Patanol, cortisone cream (elcon) outside the eye lids, but not inside the eyes

Customer:

what can i use for the inside of the eye lids to get relief?

Dr. Rick :

Did the cortisone cream help with the eyelid irritation?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

If you don't mind being followed by an ophthalmologist I think that there are some drops that can be tried which will alleviate your chronic symptoms and make your eyes feel a lot better.

Customer:

Hello are u there?

Dr. Rick :

I think that the chat system is having problems. I can see your posts but you don't seem to be able to see mine....lets switch over to Q&A. I'll see you there.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
OK. I'm here. Sorry about the technical problems. Were you able to see my posts about being cared for by an eye MD?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
This system is a little bit slower then chat but it works well.

I think you can try some steroid eye drops. I'd start with FML 0.1% 3x/day. If this doesn't start to show some improvement in a week then you might consider going to a stronger medicine such as PredForte 1% 3 or 4x/day.

Of course these medicines can cause cataract, glaucoma, and a bunch of other eye issues. However, if you are under the care of an ophthalmologist any adverse effects should be discovered before they become a major problem.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.