Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

in the eyes but realy around the eyes, espacially under the eyes

Customer Question

What is the course and how to treat white circles around the eyes. Not in the eyes but realy around the eyes, espacially under the eyes. Most of the people have black circles, but my dother (28) has white circles....

Hilde Verhulst, Belgium
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Is it possible for you to upload a picture of your brothers white eye circles? You can use a digital camera, put the picture on your computers desktop and then click on the "paperclip" on your screen and, following the instructions, upload the picture for me to see.

JACUSTOMER-i7q3z1l9- :

My doghther doesn't live home anymore, so I can not take a picture of her now.

Dr. Rick :

Ok

JACUSTOMER-i7q3z1l9- :

It's like she was in the sun wite sunglaces...

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that she has orbital fat prolapse. This is a common occurrence and can cause circles under the eyes. These circles can take on many shades depending on how much fat moves forward, the persons natural skin tone, etc. Here is some information on this topic:

Dr. Rick :

With age the thin, tough membrane (orbital septum) that keeps the normal fat pad in place behind your eye becomes weak and tears. When this happens you start to notice the swelling, or bags, under your eyes. It is nothing to worry about.

The only way to treat this problem is with surgery, called a blepharoplasty. Many times it can be done in a procedure room in the ophthalmologist’s office. This is where I do the majority of cases myself.

Dr. Rick :

And here is a good webpage that discusses this:

Dr. Rick :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharoplasty

JACUSTOMER-i7q3z1l9- :

she is al tall young lady, very skiny.

Dr. Rick :

The best thing for your daughter to do is have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist. After the exam the doctor will be able to discuss possible treatment options with her so that she can decide what she feels would be the best way to treat her issues.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you.

JACUSTOMER-i7q3z1l9- :

OK, I notice it and will give her the message.

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Dr. Rick :

It was a pleasure to help. Have a good day.

JACUSTOMER-i7q3z1l9- :

thanks

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
By the way, the amount of body fat a person has (you mentioned that your daughter was tall and thin person) has very little to do with the normal orbital fat that surrounds the eye. Even thin people have this natural fat tissue.