Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Should I continue with the retroviral treatment the side effect

Customer Question

Should I continue with the retroviral treatment the side effect are getting to me
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

In my opinion, from an ophthalmology point of view, there is no need to continue treatment. Of course, the best person to ask is an infectious disease specialist.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to chat. I noticed your question on the feedback you gave me. Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Customer:

yes and I am in the process of changing my employer A medical will be part of that process.I don't want any thing to get in the way ofmy new job

Dr. Rick :

When I was an intern,during my first year of training out of medical school, we had to open the chest of a patient, grab his heart and do open check cardiac massage. I, and my colleagues, were covered in blood. The patient died and we then learned he had full blown aids. This was before the anti-retroviral meds were available so we had not post-exposure treatment. Even with this large exposure none of us contracted HIV. So, as you can see, everything in your case should be fine.....

Dr. Rick :

I do not believe you have anything to fear on your new job application.

Customer:

thank you Dr.Rick even though I am an RN/LM and have the knowledge when you have your personal experience iI suppose you are just like any other patient.The anxiety level is still there.However I feel much better talking with you.Prior to your advice ,today I decided to stop the treatment.Have a wonderful day!

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I know exactly what you mean. We were all worried for a few months until we could be retested. Best of luck in your new job (since I'm sure you will pass the physical with flying colors!)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.