Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My 15 yr. old grandson was hit by a baseball about 2hours ago.

My 15 yr. old grandson was hit by a baseball about 2hours ago. He was hit near the eyelid
and the eye is very swollen. He is complaining about blurry vision, headache,and dizziness.
Does he need to be evaluated by a doctor?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you able to chat?

hi dr. im the grandson

Doctor DanB : Do you have double vision?

Doctor DanB : How about any nausea and/or vomiting?

i was nauseated but im feeling better

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately I do think you need to go to the ER to see an ophthalmologist because you may very well have a fracture of the bones around your eye which could lead to permanent damage if not treated soon. Does this make sense?

thank you we will go

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? 
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

ok thank you for all your help