Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I had cataract surgery 1 year ago but the surgery did not help

I had cataract surgery 1 year ago but the surgery did not help my vision at all.In fact my vision is worse and complicated by cloudyness Is there something you could recommend that I may do? Thank You XXXXX

can you recomend something that I may do. Thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : There are a few things which can clause cloudy vision after cataract surgery. The two most common things are a cloudy membrane that forms behind the lens implants or a cloudiness to the cornea. If it is a cloudy membrane forming behind the lens implant than a straightforward and quick laser procedure can help cure this. This should be obvious to your ophthalmologist and a solution should be readily available to you. If it is clouding in the cornea then  the only thing that can fix this is a cornea transplant, another surgery. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily offline  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.  If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

is it at all possible that the transplant was incorrect because i took an eye exam for glasses that did not correct my vision at all. The Doctor was not aware of this as I went directly to the eye exam room where the glasses were corrected. I believe that I have the lens prescription from the failed eye exam..

can I have the inolant taken out and a clear lens installed..

Doctor DanB : It's conceivably possible that the wrong lens was put into your new glasses; it's also possible that the wrong powered lens was placed in the eye. It is possible to take the lens out and replace it with a different lens, but it can be technically more challenging than placing the implant initially.