Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Breaking Up Of Solid Red Lights And Seeing Them Double From

Breaking Up Of Solid Red Lights And Seeing Them Double From Both Eyes Also Sparkle Around Them. Not Seeing Television In A Sharp Picture, picture Is Blured. I Have Been Told I Have The Start Of Cataracts. I Suffer From Type 2 Diabeties And Had A Intence Course Of Radio Therepy For Throat Cancer 12 Years Ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

If your symptoms have been more gradual in onset and not very sudden in nature, then they are most likely to be due to the early cataractous changes in the eyes. In early cataract there is opacification of the natural crystalline lens with pockets of fluid in between the opaque fibres. These pockets of water behave like prisms and cause breaking of light into many colors and also causes polyopia( multiple images). The best option is to undergo cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation.

In case the symptoms have been of more sudden onset and very recent, then it is better to get the eyes examined in detail by an ophthalmologist for other possible causes apart from cataract which could have been contributory( diabetic retinopathy, or diabetic maculopathy).

Thank you and best wishes.

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist