Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I was diagnosed with Myasenthia Gravis(?) about 3 yrs ago,

I was diagnosed with Myasenthia Gravis(?) about 3 yrs ago, because of a droopy eyelid & double vision. It was all over with a few weeks. Nothing happened until last weekend. No droopy eyelid this time, just lots of double vision. If I close either eye, then I can see. Is no other visible signs. Went to doctor, who thought it was probably linked to MG condition & who referred me to an ophthamologists for tests. I am getting worried cos I can't work (& I work for myself). The tablets (Mestinon 60mg) which the doctor put me back on seem to help in the short term - I noticed a definite improvement yesterday & yet today I am worse than ever. Are they likey to be linked?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. I think the odds that this double vision bout and the Myasthenia being linked are quite high. It is not at all out of character for Myasthenia gravis. Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this that we haven't addressed?  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns! My opinion is solely for informative purposes and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

is it likely that my eyesight will be normal very soon? What can I do to hurry the return to normality? Is there any real benefit in seeing the ophthamologist?

Experience: Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology