Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have very dry skin on my forehead and around my eyes, in

I have very dry skin on my forehead and around my eyes, in addition my eyebrows are thinning from the outer edge (corner of eyes) toward the middle. Both "symptoms" seem to have started around the same time. The Dry skin I have been battling (exfoliant scrubs, wash cloth/brush, and moisturizing lotions DAILY to little or no long term effect) for for about 2 years or so. I am a male, 46 yrs old, somewhat over weight and not very physically active. I am generally in good health, but do take Ibuprofen frequently due to shoulder pain. Other then that I do not take any medication nor am I under a Dr's care for any illness/condition

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Are you aviailble to chat?

Doctor DanB : This sounds like it may be more than just dry skin. Your symptoms sound consistent with seborrheic dermatitis. You may be able to manage this with out seeing a physician, but if the treatments that I discuss aren't working I would recommend see a dermatologist to get the necessary steroid prescriptions to help control the situation.
Doctor DanB : I would first start by recommending you not  scrub the skin. This repeated trauma can worsen the dermatitis. I also recommend to continue to use gentle lotions on this area such as Cetaphil or Eucerin on a consistent basis, probably two times per day. I would also recommend to continue not washing this area with soaps that can be drying. If these measures don't control the symptoms then that visit to the dermatologist is likely going to be necessary. 
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily offline  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.  If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.