Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

can i have the surgery done again if they put the wrong lens

can i have the surgery done again if they put the wrong lens in?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. If the wrong power lens was placed inside your eye it can be removed and a new one put in. This does, of course, entail all the same risks that you faced with the initial surgery along with some aspects of technical difficulties in safely ex-planting the old lens. That being said the vast majority of cataracts surgeons are highly skilled at this procedure.

Dr. Rick :

However, since you are not even 3 week post op with your first eye and barely one week out from your second surgery I would consul patience at this point. Let things heal up and settle down, perhaps things will improve.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Lens exchange surgery can be done at anytime. From what you have told me I would not rush into it right now.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I see you have reviewed my posts. Is there anything else you would like to ask me or anything you would like me to discuss in more detail? Let me know......