How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. PG Your Own Question
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. PG is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 60 year old woman who has experienced eye floaters a

Resolved Question:

I am a 60 year old woman who has experienced eye floaters a few years ago. Now I have a floater in one eye for about a week, and in the last two days have experienced flashes of light in the corner of my eye. My eye doctor, Dr. XXXXX XXXXX, is unavailable until monday. Should I go to emergency at the Eye and Ear Hospital? Thank you very much.
sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.


This is a medical emergency, since this may be the first sign of a peripheral vitreous detachment / retinal detachment,

This can lead to permanent blindness in the worst case scenario, so you should report to the Urgent care ASAP.

Once an ophthalmologist has evaluated you, further treatment can be planned as per the examination findings,

Warm regards

Dr. PG and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you