Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have been following your directions that you gave me for

I have been following your directions that you gave me for my eyes to stop being red all the time and for them to stop being watery. They do look better as for as not being red, but they continue to water. What should I do? Should I just continue the regimen of the hot compresses and using Thera Tears and the eye washes?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am glad that your eyes are feeling and looking better.......you are on the right track.

Dr. Rick :

I would continue the treatment that you are doing. If, after a couple more weeks, you eye are still watering a lot even though they look less red and feel better I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist for a complete evaluation. It is possible that your tear drainage channels have become clogged due to your prolonged issues.

Dr. Rick :

If this is the case it may be possible to open them back up with a simple office procedure.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.