Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My right eye has suddenly developed a grey blurring in the

My right eye has suddenly developed a grey blurring in the bottom half of my vision which restricts my vision I cannot see any bloodshot symptons in the mirror 70 years old and it started today while I was running Michael Matthews
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Is this just in one eye? Have you noticed any flashes of light or spots floating around in your vision?

Customer:

No

Dr. Rick :

How long have you noticed this change in your vision? Also, do you have any other symptoms?

Dr. Rick :

My system shows that you are typing but I can't see anything. I am standing by......

Customer:

Right eye onlyJust about 3 hours ago Fine otherwise

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well there are a couple of things that can cause this. The most serious, and in need of the most urgent diagnosis and treatment, is a retinal detachment in progress. The sooner that, if this is what is going on, is treated, the better your chances of regaining vision in that eye are.

Dr. Rick :

There are a number of other things that can cause your findings and they range from something not so bad as an ocular migraine, to swelling of your optic nerve, to a "stroke" inside your eye, bleeding in the retina......the list is long and branching. Suffice it to say I strongly feel that the sooner you are examined by an ophthalmologist the better.......

Customer:

Any other possibilities?

Dr. Rick :

An optician, optometrist or general trauma center doctor will be of little value....you need an eye surgeon.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Got that thanks

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I wish you the best of luck.

Customer:

Yes thanks

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.