Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
A new question is answered every 9 seconds returned but between my eyes..up in the bridge of my nose

Hello my name isXXXXX couple days ago i woke up with a swollen eyelid..went away ,now this morning when i woke up it returned but between my eyes..up in the bridge of my nose..very swollen. Help!What could it be??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that you have an infection in the skin of your face called cellulitis.

Dr. Rick :

The only real treatment for this condition is antibiotics. Since cellulitis can spread fairly quickly and become a more serious problem I suggest you see a internal medicine physician or ophthalmologist for an evaluation.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Celulitis or maybe allergy? might that be also..been rubbing my eyes alot ..using new cosmetic creams that has burned my eyes..have an appointment Monday with an eye dr. Can this wait til then? Is there any over the counter medicine that would help till then??
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
It could be allergy but that normally doesn't go to the skin/tissues above your nose. It is a common cause of bumps etc on the eyelids but not something that then goes to the center of your face.

If it doesn't look to red, swollen etc. you could treat it like an allergy and use any of the OTC allergy medicines along with cool compresses and see how it acts. In this case waiting until Monday should be OK.

If it is cellulitis it will get worse, sometimes pretty quickly. If this happens don't delay having it looked at even if it means a trip to the ER. Ok? Ok.....