Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

my vision blurred for 10 to 15 seconds while I was reading,

my vision blurred for 10 to 15 seconds while I was reading, no headache or other problems before, during, or after. I have been getting used to using contacts and reading glasses but didn't have either at the time. I am mildly nearsighted.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

yes I am.

Doctor DanB : Have you had any significant eye pain, double vision or complete blacking out if the vision?

no, no problems at all.

I changed the way I was sitting and when I looked at the book it was blurred for about 10 to 15 seconds

Doctor DanB : These episodes of transient blurry vision are quite common, actually, and occur most often when we are doing a activities that require our eyes to be opened longer such as reading, watching television, or driving. They represent transient alterations in the tear film because the eyes are open longer at one time. They are quite normal, but if we they start to occur can be a sign of dry eyes syndrome.

My eyes do tend to feel dry. Thanks for your advise.

Doctor DanB : Yore welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?

No that's all.