Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have had a sinus infection for over 2 months. Have taken

I have had a sinus infection for over 2 months. Have taken 2 rounds of antibiotics, 3 weeks each, and no better. It seems to be having an effect on my eyes, blurred vision. What should I do next?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Have you been seen by an ear, nose, and throat specialist?

I have not seen an ENT specialist.

Doctor DanB : Have you used Afrin nasal spray?

No, I haven't.

Doctor DanB : I would recommend two things: using Afrin nasal spray as directed on the bottle, but for three days on and then three days off, to prevent rebound congestion. Second, though, I would recommend seeing an ENT doctor now that you've had two failed prolonged treatments for a sinus infection. I think treating with Afrin will likely help with the blurry vision to some extent.

Thank you.

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

Doctor DanB : Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.