Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

lasik performed in both eyes in august to treat my myopia..dry eyes

I had lasik performed in both eyes in august to treat my myopia. Now i have dry eyes which cause amvlyopia to one of my eyes. The dry eyes symptoms come and go as they please as well as the amvlopia. My left eye is not as dry. Can you please tell me why this is happening and if there is a treatment that can make it better? I am too ashamed to go out and the doctor who performed the surgery told me when i become 60 years old i ' ll see it double. I am 30 years old female from greece and i am very scared. Could you please tell me what to do?

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Amblyopia is a developmental problem of the eyes in children less than 9 years old.

Dr. James :

Lasik does not cause amblyopia.

Dr. James :

Lasik is known to cause dry eyes. Fortunately, the corneal nerves will improve in the first 6 months and up to 2 years after surgery. Until then it is important to use artificial tears regularly to keep your eyes lubricated.

Dr. James :

Time will allow the corneal nerves to regenerate. It should improve.

Dr. James :

Please remember to press the accept button so I can get credit for assisting you.