Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

i had permanent eyeliner 3 months after trabeculectomy. that

i had permanent eyeliner 3 months after trabeculectomy. that eye is now very red. is there a prob w having permanent eyeliner after trab.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

When did the red eye begin?

Customer:

it was red right away. it has been 4 days. no pain just red

Customer:

my question is : is there a prob w having permanent eyeliner after trabeculectomy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am sorry, i did not get the answer to my ques. is there a prob with trabeculectomy and permanent eyeliner
So, you eye has been red for the last 3 months?

Any pain?

Have you seen your eye doctor since then?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
eye has been red for 3 days since permanent eyeliner. trab. was 3 months ago. i just want to know if there is a prob w having permanent eyeliner after trab. my doc said it would be ok to do. but i am worried that the eyeliner might not be good to do since i had the surgery . no pain
If done right and everything thing went well, there should be no problem with the eyeliner and the trabeculectomy. it is possible that your eyelids are still inflamed and causing the redness of the eye as well.

It is possible the eyeliner person could have damaged the trabeculectomy if he/she was not careful, but less of a concern.

I'd recommend you see your ophthalmologist again this coming week to check the pressure. If your eye is painful, sensitive to the light, or you have decreased vision, then you should call your doctor promptly to make sure it is not an infection.