Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

what does it mean to have slightly discoloured whites of my

what does it mean to have slightly discoloured whites of my eyes (where not covered by eye lids)?

what does slightly discoloured, little lump on inner side of the iris (on the white of both eyes) mean?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
You are most likely suffering from a pinguecula.

This is a change in the skin around the eye (conjunctiva) from a lifetime's worth of exposure to sunlight. It is not a cancer. It also can become irritated and red at times.
Here is a link to a picture of a small pinguecula. You can find many other pictures by going to Google images:

They come in many shapes, sizes, "bumpiness", and colors and, many times, require to medical treatment.

This is link to a picture of a pterygium. As you can see one of the major differences between a pterygium and a pinguecula is that a pterygium grows across the clear part of your eye (cornea):

If you are bothered by your pinguecula it can be surgically removed fairly easily by your ophthalmologist using local anesthesia. One word of caution however.....they have the nasty habit of growing back, sometimes with a vengeance.

Does this make sense to you?