Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Time for a neuro-ophthamologist Have used recommended eye

Time for a neuro-ophthamologist?
Have used recommended eye drops 4X daily with no improvement of any kind. Ghost image has worsened and separated further from the primary image. Eye care docs still want to stick to a 'watch and wait' program of a 3-month eye exam (optomotrist) and 6-month follow-up with the ophthalmologist. There is a Ph.D., M.D. neuro-ophthalmologist in Denver who specializes in double vision problems. Should I have my records forwarded to him for a consult and possible appointment?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick :

I am online and available to help you with your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I've reviewed your prior chat with Dr. James and see that you are having monocular double vision in your left eye only (monocular). I also noted that you did not feel Dr. James time was valuable as you did not accept his answer.........

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know what you would like to do on this question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only received a partial answer (couldn't view the whole reply) but accepted it to try and read the whole answer? Had to leave the computer at work for the day after waiting for a reply for a long while.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did accept Dr. James answer and was billed for it. Although I'm new to

this system, it seems a little quirky and heavy on the billing agenda....

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Well, monocular diplopia is not really something that a neuro-ophthalmologist works on since this type of vision problem would not be caused by a central (brain etc) issue but rather will, most likely, be localized to the eye itself.

I think the next person you should consult would be a pediatric ophthalmologist. The are experts on double vision in both adults and children.

This issue is, in my opinion, beyond the training and expertise of an optometrist. You should rely on ophthalmologists at this point for eye care.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.