Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i have what i beleive to be a sinus infection, i wear glasses,

i have what i beleive to be a sinus infection, i wear glasses, my vision seems to be blurry, eyes feel like they have cool air blowing onto them. i have lightheadedness . difficult to focus . could this come from the sinus problem the meds i take or something else. i am controled diabetic, had ishemic stroke in 2010.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that, if your infection has involved your lacrimal drainage system, you could experience feelings like air was blowing into your eyes..

Dr. Rick :

I do not believe this is related to your ischemic stroke from last year. As to your diabetes, as you already know, it can make you more prone to infections.

Dr. Rick :

My system shows you just entered the chat room but we have been having difficulties with chat today. If I don't see any reply from you soon I will switch to Q&A and we can continue there.

Customer:

would it affect the vision, very hard to focus, blurry

Dr. Rick :

Yes, it could if it caused abnormalities in your tear film. It would be very unlikely that the sinus infection would actually involve the inside of your eyeball or directly mess up your focusing mechanism

Dr. Rick :

Due to you diabetes it would probably be best for you to be examined in the near future. Concerning the eye issues, unfortunately, going to the ER will not be of much help unless they can call an ophthalmologist to come in see you.

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been going on?

Customer:

just today, with the blurry vision,

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Customer:

started when my sinus flared up

Customer:

any suggestion as to why the blurry vision,

Dr. Rick :

I would try some artificial tears, there are many brand names available, as often as needed tonight along with warm compresses. The problem is that tomorrow is Sunday.....and only ERs will be open. Do you have access to your diabetic doc on the weekends?

Customer:

no ,not until monday, sugars read very good at 90 to 100

Dr. Rick :

Yes, the blurry vision is most likely due to messing up of your tear production and drainage system. The tear replacement drops will help some with this as will the warm compresses.

Customer:

ok, i have some tear drops, i,ll try the compress

Dr. Rick :

Glad to hear that your BS is in an excellent range. Does it seem to you like your sinus issues can wait until Monday or would you fell better having this problem evaluated sooner?

Customer:

i can wait on that, just wont do very much

Dr. Rick :

Ok. well, if you need anything just post back to this site and I'll be happy to help you anyway I can.

Customer:

thank you very much

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I hope you feel better soon. Have a goo evening.

Dr. Rick :

good :)

Customer:

you also, gnite

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest