Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a white small swollen type of spot on my eye which

I have a white small swollen type of spot on my eye which i thought was a wart a few years back but have been told its a blocked gland. How would I be able to rid this problem. I am an MS sufferer.and thought this could br the cause.thanks Ed

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I don't believe that this is directly related to your MS. Is this white spot on your actual eyeball itself or on your eyelid?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

I am still here and looking forward to your response so we can continue to work on your question.
Hi. You accepted a little bit too soon :)

I still owe you an excellent answer. Did you see my question above?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the spot is above my eyelid
Ok. Thanks for that information.

The most common cause for swelling or bump on the eyelid is a chalazion or a stye. These bumps form when a gland in your eyelid gets plugged up and possibly infected. It is very often associated with a condition called blepharitis.

The treatment for this condition, however, is not antibiotics but rather cleaning the eyelids with baby shampoo. Buy some unscented baby shampoo and, in the shower, put the shampoo on your index fingers. Close your eyes, and raise your eyelids (to get skin out of the way) and scrub back and forth along your EYELASH margin. This is where the gland openings are located. The warm water will soften the gunk in the plugged glands, the friction and pressure of your fingers will massage the glands, forcing the gunk out and the shampoo will wash it away. You can also use warm compress to the affected lids during the day as your schedule allows.

This treatment will help to treat the bump on your eyelid while at the same time solving your underlying blepharitis. The lump may take many weeks to go away but you should notice some improvement in a few days or so.

Does this make sense to you?

I'm still here.....I don't go up in a puff of smoke when you hit the accept button ;o)
.