Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Im recieving shots in my left eye for a thinning back wall

Im recieving shots in my left eye for a thinning back wall the leak is minor but my question is will the shots last along time and will the damage be fixed if I caught it in time?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

The most common reason for monthly shots into your eyeball nowadays in a person your age is for wet macular degeneration (ARMD).

Yes, if you were able to stop the leaking blood vessels before the photoreceptors were damaged you should be able to maintain good vision. Any photoreceptors or retina structures (rods, cones, RPE, etc) that were destroyed before treatment started can not be replaced.

Here is an excellent web page, from a very trusted source, that covers this topic in detail:

http://www.macular.org/wet.html

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, thank you very much.