Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i have already had lensreplace surgery in 2005 at rosen eye

i have already had lensreplace surgery in 2005 at rosen eye clinic in manchester i am now experincing pain in b th eyes is it possible to have a second lens replacement op
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

After your cataract is removed and a plastic lens placed into your eye the cataract does not come back. As such there is no need for a second surgery or a second lens replacement as the first lens is designed to last for a lifetime.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, there are some rare instances where the intraocular lens can cause pain. In these cases it is possible for the plastic lens to be either re-positioned inside your eye so as to stop the pain, or for the old lens to be removed and another lens inserted. In some, very rare, cases it is not possible for a second lens to be placed inside your eye and in these instances vision can be corrected with either contact lenses or thick glasses.

Dr. Rick :

Since it is rare for eye pain to be caused by your intraocular lens I suggest you have a complete eye examination by your surgeon or another ophthalmologist to get to the bottom of what is causing your pain.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.