Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have an opaque film like pattern blocking my vision on the

I have an opaque film like pattern blocking my vision on the left side of right eye.
Started yesterday after opening eyes closed tight in shower....lasted couple of hours and went away.
Came back this morning and fades out every now and then only to return.
it moves with eye movement.
Any ideas?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Our chat system doesn't seem to be working today but we can use this system to address your questions today.

Have you experienced any flashes of lights or "bugs" floating around your visual field?

When you close your right eye does your left eye seem completely normal?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no lights or bugs.

left eye normal

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Ok. That's good.

Well, the most worrisome cause of your symptoms would be a retinal detachment in progress. Left untreated a retinal detachment will lead to blindness.

I really think that the safest thing for you to do is to call a local ophthalmologist (MD), not an optometrist, and be seen today just to be sure. Could this be something minor? Yes. But, as a retina specialist, I would not recommend waiting. Do NOT let the receptionist put you off. If the eye doc you call first can't see you right away, call another one until you can be seen.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.

Once again, I'm sorry that the chat system is down. I will stand by in case you have any further questions for me.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
If you have a chance drop a note on this tread and let me know how things turn out. Best of luck to you.

And remember. Don't Panic! Things should be OK. Even is this is a detachment you would have caught it very early and have a good chance of ending up with very good vision down the road. I promise. :)