Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My daughters right bottom eye lid is a little swollen a little

Customer Question

My daughter's right bottom eye lid is a little swollen a little and red. We soaked it last night with a tea bag and this morning it is not any better but not worse. There was also no discharge coming from her eye. She says it hurts very very little when she blinks. Please let me know what you think? Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

It could be due to an acute hordeolum( stye) which has just begun to appear. It occurs due to acute infection of one of the oil secreting glands present in the lids. The initial treatment is in the form of frequent warm compresses( thrice a day). Usually this form of treatment works well for most individuals. In case it worsens then the treatment is a short course of oral antibiotics along with anti-inflammatory tablets. I guess you can try warm compresses for atleast a week and look for improvement. In case this does not help by 1 week then you can consult an ophthalmologist for a closer look( just in case it is due to blepharitis-inflammation of lid margins- but does not present with such as acute symptoms- treatment again is warm compresses here, might need an antibiotic ointment if persistent).

Please feel free to ask follow up questions, if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already new what you told me so I do not accept your answer and I have already asked for my money back.

You are most welcome to do as you feel right. It is just that there is really nothing else to expect with such a lid swelling , so obviously the explanation is going to be the same everywhere(in person or online). But what matters is the experience to say that yes this is right and there is nothing else to worry about.

Anyway I wish your daughter well.