Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i was on here a few days ago aking about a lump on my eyball.

i was on here a few days ago aking about a lump on my eyball. At the time i said it hadn't gotten bigger. it is now getting bigger. it's on my eyeball not eyelid. not really sore although starting to get a little stingy. what could it be/
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Let me review your old post. Be right back.

Customer:

ok thnx

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Got it. Tell me a little bit more about this bump. Is it on the white part of your eyeball? Does it seem to be filled with fluid and be whitish or is it more oblong and pinkish or red?

Dr. Rick :

Also, if you can take a digital picture of the lesion here is a good way to upload it to me:

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Customer:

unfortunately i cant see it because it's covered by the eyelid. it's on the white of my eye feels round and solid

Dr. Rick :

Ok. If I could see it I would be 100% sure but what you are describing sounds like a conjunctival inclusion cyst.

Dr. Rick :

This is nothing to worry about. They can form from just a minor scratch in the conjunctiva that you didn't even remember happening. They also can occur after eye surgery.

They,like blisters on your feet, will "pop" and go away on their own. If it really bother you an ophthalmologist can pop them for you with a sterile needle. Sometimes they come back and, in rare cases, might have to be removed with simple excision...although the surgery can lead to a new cyst formation...Kinda like Catch 22 for the eye :)

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

ok whats the treatment?

Dr. Rick :

Oops....our chat messages passed each other somewhere over the North Atlantic Ocean :o)

Customer:

yes makes sense. i'll go read some more about it. thnx

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest