Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

i was prescribed glasses for the first time in my life. i

i was prescribed glasses for the first time in my life. i chose what i believed to be the best, XXXXX XXXXX they are progressive lens. i have had these for 4 months, i still cant get use to them. i get dizzy, headaches , my eyes dont seem to adjust fast enough and get blurry. i mention i have had a stroke, and also have diabetes. are these the best type lenses for me to have or the regular bi focals.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

"Best" when it comes to the different types of glasses is really a relative term. While it is true that modern "no line" or Progressive bifocals strive you give you clear vision a many different distances (focal lengths) they, as you have discovered, don't work for everyone.

Dr. Rick :

With your history of stroke and diabetes as well as the fact that you are still having dizziness and headaches after 4 months probably means that these type of glasses will not work for you.

Dr. Rick :

I agree with you. I think you will do best with everyday bifocals or, perhaps, even trifocals.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.