Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

What is a home remedy for cojuncyiveitis (Pink EYE)

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have viral conjuctivitis. As this is a virus no antibiotics are necessary as they only treat bacteria, not viruses. You should use cold compresses and natural tears as often as you want to soothe your eyes. This infection usually runs its course in a week or so.

It is also very contagious so make sure to wash your hands well, don't share towels etc. It is likely that other members of your household will catch this.....But not to worry, in the vast majority of cases the infection resolves without any residual effects.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.