Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have what looks like a blister on the inner lower portion

I have what looks like a blister on the inner lower portion of the white area of my left eye. I have not sustained a recent injury to the eye. The blister seems almost to be clear or at least same color as the white. There is no pain associated with this. It is very near the outside area of the iris and seems to increase in size as the day progresses. Sometimes it appears almost gelatinous but I have not attempted to touch it. It moves with the eye. I do not really feel it under the eyelid but everyone notices it and I am concerned, especially since I just lost my full-time job & have no medical benefits at this time. It has been on my eye almost 2 weeks.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. The chat system is on the blink but we can use this system to discuss your question.

It sounds like you have a conjunctival cyst. It the area discreet or is it more diffuse and mushy looking rather then like a clear blister?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Like a clear blister
OK. This is nothing to worry about. They can form from just a minor scratch in the conjunctiva that you didn't even remember happening. They also can occur after eye surgery.

They,like blisters on your feet, will "pop" and go away on their own. If it really bother you an ophthalmologist can pop them for you with a sterile needle. Sometimes they come back and, in rare cases, might have to be removed with simple excision...although the surgery can lead to a new cyst formation...Kinda like Catch 22 for the eye :)

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.