Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a problem with my eyelashes, and I was just told that

I have a problem with my eyelashes, and I was just told that it could be the ligiments in my eye and that there is a surgical procedure that can be done to fix this problem. I live in Colorado and I am trying to find an opthamologist who does this type of procedure does anyone have any ideas?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is one way to take care of the problem however, as you have already noted, it takes a lot of plucking and the lashes grow back pretty fast. Also, the stubby lashes are sometimes worse then the long ones....

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Rick :

You are correct....time to consult an ophthalmologist for more options....and there are a number of them depending on what anatomical issues you have that are causing your lashes to rub against your cornea.

Customer:

that's why i want to get rid of them

Dr. Rick :

Was the doctor who told you to just pluck your lashes and that you have dry eyes and should go home an optometerist or a general MD?

Customer:

opthamologist\

Dr. Rick :

Hmmmm....sorry to hear that.....

Customer:

but she did'nt tell me to pluck my eyelashes she just didn't see a prooblem

Dr. Rick :

The best trained person to treat your condition would be an oculoplastic surgeon, however I would think that the majority of ophthalmologists would be able to offer you better solutions....

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good article on entropian:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/entropion/DS01094

Customer:

I tho

Dr. Rick :

Oops...only a fraction of your last post made it.....can you retype it?

Customer:

I thought about getting them lasered out but then I heard about this procedure and it sounded like a better option.

Dr. Rick :

would you like me to see if I can find the name of a qualified ophthalmologist or oculoplastic surgeon near you? If so, where do you live and how far could you easily travel?

Dr. Rick :

I've done laser for this condition and, while it does work well, it usually requires multiple treatments to get all the lashes

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Customer:

sorry, i lost you for a minute my computer went haywire

Customer:

9I have an appoint ment with an opthamologist on NOv 9 but if you could find someone who does the surgery that would be awesome

Dr. Rick :

Most ophthalmologist do the surgery for this condition...too bad you hooked up with one at the first go-round who didn't. You could call the doctors office and ask if they do the surgery for entropian.

Dr. Rick :

I'd be happy to look up some doctors for you. Where do you live in Colorado and how far can you travel?

Customer:

I live in Arvada and would like to stay as `close to home as possible arvada, wheatridge, lakewood, sorry i know you asked me that before

Dr. Rick :

What major city are you closest to?

Customer:

Denver

Customer:

sorry I'm not the fastest typer

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Let me check. Be right back

Customer:

Dr. rick did you say something

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Brian Willoughby is a Board Certified Oculoplastic and Orbital surgeon. He did his oculoplastic surgery training at an affiliated center to my Medical School in New York City...although long after I had graduated :)

Dr. Rick :

Here is his address:

Dr. Rick :

The office is located atXXXXX Denver, CO, 80206 in the Cherry Creek North Neighborhood. (Near the Cherry Creek Mall) Telephone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Dr. Rick :

And his webpage:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.eyesandface.com/

Dr. Rick :

With his training and expertise (not to mention that he trained at my Alma Mata :) you should get definative, state-of-the-art treatment for your problem....and goodbye eyelash plucking forever ;)

Customer:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I guess that means yes lol!

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

What else can I do for you this morning?

Customer:

Thank you so much

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a great day.

Best of luck to you. If you have a chance, drop me a note on this thread and let me know how things turn out. Take care.