Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

l have trouble with my eyes especially in the evening l When

Customer Question

l have trouble with my eyes especially in the evening l When l am looking at the tv menu my eyes cause the words to jump it affects me when l use the computor also reading music.BUT if l coverone or other eye all is well
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. There are two things that may be causing this phenomenon to happen. Let me explain...

Doctor DanB :

It's possible that your eyes have difficulty staying aligned together. There's a small portion of the population that has a tendency for the eyes not to stay straight and aligned together all the time. In this population, one eye can tend to drift out or in from time to time and it tends to happen most often when the person is tired or fatigued, sick, or inebriated. In your case, it's possible that the end of the day is associated with enough fatigue that you have difficulty holding your eyes straight and aligned together and so you end up with multiple, conflicting images, which resolves when you cover one eye. You may ask yourself why this wouldn't have been manifest prior to age 69, but many times a person may have just enough control over this when they are younger that it never becomes manifest until they are older and their control starts to slip. This is something that should be evident to an ophthalmologist if they are looking for it.

Doctor DanB :

Second, you m ay be suffering from a dysfunctional or unhealthy tear film which can lead to poor and fluctuating vision. People who have this characteristically have more trouble towards the end of the day after they have been using their eyes all day. If this is happening more in one eye than the other, covering that eye can make this go away. The use of some artificial tears 3-4x/day for 3-4 weeks can help improve this situation.

Doctor DanB :

I would recommend getting an appointment to have a complete eye examination done by an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor) and not an optometrist or optician as the medical doctor is the doctor with the most training and should be able to sort these issues out rather easily.

Doctor DanB :

I see that you are offline right now. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns as I see them on my screen.

If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

JACUSTOMER-hi97m3re- :

thankyou for the reply as it is the first time l have used such a site l do not understand how the payment part works

Doctor DanB :

If you're satisfied with your answer, please hit the green ACCEPT button and that allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.