Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Hi. The right side of my right eye feels sore. Its been

Customer Question

Hi. The right side of my right eye feels sore. It's been feeling sore and achy for a couple days. Do you know what this could possibly be? Thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.

Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Has there been any eye redness, discharge, itching, burning, tearing, sensitivity to light or decreased vision? Anything wrong with the eyelids?

Customer:

No. It's just the lower right corner of my eye feels sore for some reason. Vision is fine

Doctor DanB :

A sore eye can be the result of anything from dry eye, to an early stye forming to more internal eye inflammation such as episcleritis or iritis. The most common reason is dry eye, or an irritated or disrupted tear film. Have you had a cold or stomach flu recently or been around anyone with either of these or a red eye recently?

Customer:

No, I haven't had the flu or been around those with a cold or flu (that I know of). Same thing with red eye...haven't been around those with it

Doctor DanB :

Then this is very likely just due to a dry, irritated eye. I would just recommend to use some artificial tears 4-5x/day and cool compresses as much as you like. That will likely calm this down.

Customer:

Okay, thanks for your help. I'll get some Artificial Tears. Have a great one.

Doctor DanB :

You're welcome.

Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.