Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I want to know what type of scan can show if i have decentered

I want to know what type of scan can show if i have decentered ablation?
If i have decentered ablation, how will the ghosting look like?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

You need to have a corneal topography done.

Dr. James :

This is an office test. Ask your ophthalmologist.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it the one that shows like a graph that is a circle that has a rainbow color around it? if the ghosting is in different positions, like sometimes higher and sometimes lower, and is like a smeered double vision, does this sound like this?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that sounds like the right scan.
Please remember to press accept so I can get credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you think the smeared double vision i see and if i see it, it seems like the double vision has activity when seeing it, like it is moving farther from eye and closer, then farther, then closer, then when i blink i see it move again
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
I'm not sure what your question is. Can you ask it specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
im asking about double vision 6 weeks post lasik. the double vision i am seeing seems like it is not consitant, another words when i see the ghost image, i see it close to the actual image and it moves farther away and then comes close and then farther away. it is not always the same distance
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
The change in the quality of your double vision could be due to your eyes try to find the right focus.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can a decentered ablation cause this?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
possibly.

but most likely dryness. You should be using artificial tears regularly as all patients after LASIK will have some degree of dry eyes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yeah, i think it might be. would you be able to examine one of these topologies, if i obtain it from my doctor and determine if i have decentered abilation?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
what does your doctor say about this? Do you know trust your doctor's opinion of the topographies?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i dont know, it seems that he is not really thinking too much about my ghosting. he says that it needs more healing since i am just 6 weeks. he looked at the topographies and he did not see anything wrong with them. I just dont know if their was something wrong with them, he would say anything.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
certainly it is still early.

dryness can affect the quality of the scans as well.

Even if it is decentered, there is not much that can be done at this time until it is fully healed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not to mention, i was +5.75 -5.00.
it was a very high prescription and I am trying to convince myself that since I was severe hyperopic with severe astigmatism that it is way too early. The procedure was z-lasik with the allegretto eye-q lazer. What do you think?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 3 years ago.
I agree with your ophthalmologist that it is early still.

Please remember to press accept.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for help.