Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

if you have drusen is there any reason why you should not have

if you have drusen is there any reason why you should not have laser or implant surgery?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : No, there is no reason that drusen should prevent you from having laser or lens surgery. It was once believe that having cataract surgery was a risk factor for drusen worsening or macular degeneration worsening, but this is no longer felt to be the case. Either of these surgeries would be fine to have done despite your drusen. 
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily offline  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.  If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.