Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

man, he had a wrist brace on and hit me in the eye..my left eye..eyes

About 3 years ago I was attacked and blindsided by a man, he had a wrist brace on and hit me in the eye. It made my left eye slightly pointing inward. I can't look people in the eyes with both eyes at the same time and my focus is off if I try. Is there something that a doctor could do to fix my eye back to the way it was?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Our chat system seems to be on the blink this morning....we can use this, the Q&A system, to work on your question.

Yes, this should be able to corrected. The first step is to determine the function of your eye muscles and find out if any of the muscles are being restricted from moving freely. A complete eye exam should be able to figure this out. Sometimes imaging of your orbit, such as with an MRI or CT scan, is necessary.

Once the pathology that is causing your eye to point slightly inward is found then a treatment plan can be formulated. In many cases treatment will involve surgery, either to reposition a dysfunctional muscle, free a muscle or tissue from entrapment/restriction and/or repair any bony defects in your orbit.

The best person to do your initial examination and, depending on what is found, your surgical treatment is a pediatric ophthalmologist. I know this sounds silly since you are, obviously, no longer a child however these doctors are experts not only in the treatment of kids but in the treatment of adult eye movement disorders like you are suffering from.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.