Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi Doc, Ive got a small white bump on my eyelid. Its not red,

Customer Question

Hi Doc, Ive got a small white bump on my eyelid. Its not red, like a Stye. It looks like a pimple, but its not a pimple. Squeeze and it hurts like hell!
joe.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No, your not crazy. I'd probably have done the same thing myself :o)

Dr. Rick :

These are called milia. They are common in babies but can occur at any age. the are a collection of keritn under the skin and, in adults, many times need to be removed by a doctor using a scalpel to make a small incision and removing the little white "seed"

Dr. Rick :

Or they can be removed by the patient with a razor blade ;)

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good article on this benign condition:

Dr. Rick :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milium_%28disease%29

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Good Morning. Welcome to chat.

JACUSTOMER-riut7hya- :

Dr Rick, is there anything else I can do to either fix the imbalance in say diet or something like an injection to stop these things......they suck and Im tired of cutting at the base of these lumps in the mirror.

Dr. Rick :

No. Not really. The best thing to do is consult with a dermatologist. She can give you some creams that may stop them from forming or being less common.

Dr. Rick :

Here is another article on this topic from a dermatology dept:

JACUSTOMER-riut7hya- :

Dr. Rick :

http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Something is wrong with the chat system. We can use the Q&A system to continue our conversation.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.

I am still here and available...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr Rick, is there anything else I can do to either fix an imbalance in diet (perhaps) or something like an injection to stop these things....they Suck(!) and Im tired of cutting at the base of these lumps on my eyelids.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
No. It is not a diet thing.....

And, I'm not sure about an injection, but I do know that there are topical therapies available. As I mentioned a dermatologist would be the most knowledgeable person on this topic although a regular doc probably can deal with this issue.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

I see you have read my posts above. Do you have any other concerns that I can help you with?