Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

after 4 years of treatment & examinations for TASS ,my dr.

after 4 years of treatment & examinations for TASS ,my dr. says my vision is at 20/25 & is as good as it will ever be. is he right or is there some where l can get another oplnlon ? my treatment, as i recall went like this : cortisone eye drops every 1 hr.,for 2 weeks,then twice per day for 2 weeks, then once per day for 4 weeks. after this i did not take anymore eye drops , that i recall. around this point , there was some suggestion about a corenia transplant , however my dr. wanted to see if the eye would improve on it's own . l have being going for regular office visits every 3 months , but nothing changes. i have mentioned to hin several times that my vision is foggy for the first 4 hrs.+/- in the mornings but he seems to think that will stop after the eye gets better. should i accept my eye is as good as it gets , look for another dr. or look for a good lawer.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The best person to consult for a second opinion would be a corneal specialist.

Dr. Rick :

If you could tell me where in Canada you live and how far you would be able to travel I would be happy to see if I can find somewhere/someone you can call to make an appointment for a second opinion.

Dr. Rick :

And I didn't think that you could sue for malpractice in Canada.......

JACUSTOMER-7ee5zf0f- :

i live maple ridge b c a sub burb of vancouver b.c. canada

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Let me check.

Dr. Rick :

I think you will get excellent care at the Medical school, Univ. of British Columbia, Dept. of Ophthalmology

Dr. Rick :

Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia
317 - 2194 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3

Dr. Rick :

I can't seem to locate their phone number but a Professor of Ophthalmology, who is also an expert in Cornea and External diseases would be the best person for you to see.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It looks like you have stepped away from your computer. I'll switch to Q&A so we can continue there if necessary.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss on this topic or if you would like more information.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dr rick,you said you could find someone,somewhere,close to where i live,that i could call for a 2nd. opinion,however, all you have done is give me the name of the univ. @ u.b.c. ophthalomgy dept. this i gould have done myself.pls. zero in on a contact name or person,so l can avoid a runaround. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Dr. M. McCarthy is a cornea specialist and Division Head of the Cornea/External Disease Dept. at the university. He is extremely well respected in his field.

You can contact Dr. McCarthy atXXXXX Vancouver, BC V5Z 3N9;(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor an appointment.

Here is a link to the Department webpage for your information:

I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how things turn out.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I would love to but I am a US Based ophthalmologist and can't refer patients within the Canadian health system.

You will have to ask your GP or your primary care MD to refer you....sorry about that :(