Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I had cataract surgery on June 1, 2011. Since then my vision

I had cataract surgery on June 1, 2011. Since then my vision in that eye is blurry and from time to time it becomes increasingly blurry for a period of 2 to 3 hours and then returns to the normal blurriness. My doctor has tried eye drop (Pred forte and Bromday) periodically and for the last Month every day. One of each once a day. No improvement in my vision. I was examined by a Retina Specialist and all was pronounced well.

My question is -- Could the problem be with the implanted lens done during cataract surgery moving about, say if I lower my head or otherwise? I would appreciate some insight. My doctor either knows the pathological problem and is trying to avoid another operation or he is now aware of the problem. Please answer and thank you. XXXXX Graveline
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I do not believe that your problem is from the intraocular lens moving around. This complication would be easily diagnosed at the slit lamp.

Dr. Rick :

If you do not trust that the surgeon is telling you everything or is unable to diagnose your condition I would suggest that you seek out a second complete eye exam by another ophthalmologist and see what she has to say.

Customer:

My doctor has subjected me to all sorts of equipment tests used in the office for eye examines. What is a "Sit Lamp" and would he possess such equipment?

Dr. Rick :

I would make sure that you see an ophthalmologist (MD) and not an optometerist and, yes, every eye doc has a slit lamp. That is the thing you put your chin in and it has the moving thin light beam

Customer:

Customer:

This doctor is an opthalmologist and I do trust him. Although the operation for this eye, compared to the first eye operation, was traumatic as he was very rough working on the eye. He said that he had a hard time vacuming the residue. Do you think that I might need another operation on that eye?

Dr. Rick :

I really can

Dr. Rick :

t tell from what you have told me. However, if you trust your surgeon, I'm sure he will review all options with you. Of course, an evaluation by a second set of, unbiased, eyes never hurts.

Customer:

Thank you Doctor.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest