Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have been from doctor to doctor. My eyelids close involuntarily.

I have been from doctor to doctor. My eyelids close involuntarily. I cannot keep my eyelids open. I have been told from a few docs that I have blephorospasm and have been on different meds, I have had botox as well. Please let me know if you have any further suggestions for me. I have had several MRI and nothing really shows up.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may be one of those blepharospasm patients who do not respond to botox very well. Here is a good general article on this issue:

Dr. Rick :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_twitch

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Anderson, who practices in Utah, is one of the top experts on surgery for your condition. Here is an article that he wrote a few years ago that does an excellent job of explaining options that may work for you:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.blepharospasm.org/1999anderson.html

Dr. Rick :

If you can find an oculoplastic surgeon in your area who is experienced in this type of surgery this might just be something that can work for you.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you perhaps know of any oculoplastic surgeons in San Diego or Los Angeles that are experienced in this type of surgery

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
The best place to ask about an experienced surgeon would be at the Department of Ophthalmology at UCLA. They will be able to steer you in the right direction.