Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

how long does one need to use muro 128 eye drops to clear upn

how long does one need to use muro 128 eye drops to clear upn edema in the eye?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It depends upon the underlying pathology that is causing your cornea to swell. If the pathology is self limited then you can stop the drop when things get better. If the swelling is due to something like Fuchs dystrophy you may have to use the drops forever -- or until you get new endothelial cells from DSEK surgery or a corneal transplant.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
I noticed your feedback and comments.

It sounds like your endothelial cells are not doing so good from all your surgery. They may recover. How long will that take? No way to tell. An endothelial cell count could give you some idea.....

You very well need to have surgery to replace your damaged endothelial cells.