Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

What can cause sudden loss of vision in one eye

Customer Question

What can cause sudden loss of vision in one eye?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me a little bit more about how this vision loss came about? Was there an pain? Was the vision loss complete (ie: lights out blind)? Did it come back? If it came back, was it like turning on/off a switch or kinda slow like a dimmer? Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still here and available to help you with your question. I look forward to your responses to my above inquiries so that we can get to the bottom of your problem.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I see you hit the accept button a little bit early. If you have time we can work on your question now. Did you see my request for more information above?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not complete blindness, everything is blurry. Pain comes and goes with eye movement.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
There are a number of conditions that can cause blurry vision as well as pain on eye movement. scleritis and optic neuritis are just a couple of them.

I do not suggest that you ignore these symptoms. The best way to get to the bottom of what is going on would be to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Oops....I forgot that you have already accepted....there is no need to accept twice. Sorry about the mixup.