Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

how do you get rid of eye parasites

Customer Question

how do you get rid of eye parasites
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

tell me a little bit more about these parasites you have in your eye. Are they something you can see in the mirror, something you experience as lines floating in your vision, or something that only the ophthalmologist can see with special tools?

JACUSTOMER-67t68tk5- :

I have had this condition for 10 yrs. they ar long worm that live under the eyelid they can pulled out and they are clear &look like fishing line,but they move

Dr. Rick :

The best way to get rid of these is with a medicine that targets the worms, the larva and the eggs at the same time. You may need a second treatment a few weeks later to catch any new eggs that hatched.

JACUSTOMER-67t68tk5- :

I have been to 2 eye specialists & many hosp. they cant see them & dont believe me

JACUSTOMER-67t68tk5- :

what is the medicine &were do I get it?

Dr. Rick :

That may be true but taking the medicines, even if the doctors can't see them wont hurt a thing.

Dr. Rick :

Ivermectin is an excellent choice to get rid of these beasts.

Dr. Rick :

Benzimidazole and Pyrantel are also good medicines but they don't tend to get the eggs and migrating larvae.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I'm sure your primary care MD could write you a script for one of these.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Dr. Rick :

It looks like you are back in the chat room. Is there anything else you wanted to ask?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.