Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am bothered with Migraine headaches and get white spots/circles

I am bothered with Migraine headaches and get white spots/circles in my eyes. A friend said that he was doing acupuncture to help this problem. Do you have any opinion?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Acupuncture has shown some excellent results for many conditions and has been around for centuries. As a Western trained doctor I must confess I really don't know much about the success of acupuncture for migraines. My opinion, however, is that if you make sure you are being treated by a reputable practitioner of this art I think it is worth a try.

Dr. Rick :

On the other hand there are medicines that you can take, either on a daily basis or just as you get the first symptoms of a migraine coming on, that have been shown to be very effective in the treatment of migraines. This being said I think you would be OK to try this ancient oriental healing art for your migraines.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I think it is worth a try. How would I go about finding one in my area?
The best way is to search online. You might also ask your friends and doctors if they can refer you to someone.