Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

wler Ave----Skokie,Ill 60077

Customer Question

wler Ave----Skokie,Ill 60077
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Your post did not come through. Can you please enter it again in this window? Sorry to the mixup.

Customer:

I would like know the of the number of Cataract operations that

Customer:

that the following has performed per year starting with 2011

Dr. Rick :

ok, I'm with you....

Customer:

Arthur Dorf MD--9933 Lawler Ave--Skoke,Ill 60077

Dr. Rick :

There are no public databases that contain that information. The best way to learn how many cataract surgeries Dr. Dorf has done is to call his office and ask his staff or Dr. Dorf personally. I'm sure they would be happy to share that information with you.

Dr. Rick :

I guess, if you wanted I could call his office for you.......

Dr. Rick :

What would you like me to do? I've found his number on the internet.

Customer:

I know if I called his office I would get this information myself.

Dr. Rick :

ok.

Dr. Rick :

Let me see what I can do for you. Hang on.

Customer:

The purpose of my question is how to get this information without calling his office

Dr. Rick :

There is no other source of this data that I am aware of. I just called Dr. Dorf's office and they are closed for the day. Is there a reason you don't want to ask the folks at the office?

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

The reason that I started this request is that I would not have to call the office-

Customer:

the reason is persnal

Dr. Rick :

Ok. I can understand that. If you would like, would be happy to call Dr. Dorf's office tomorrow morning when they open, find out how many cataracts he has done per year over the last few years, including 2011 to-date and get back to you. Would that be helpful?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you were typing but nothing came across my screen.....

Customer:

Yes as long you do not mentioned my name--

Dr. Rick :

I don't know your name :)

Dr. Rick :

They open at 9 am (?Eastern). I'll call them and post the information here in the morning.

Dr. Rick :

Have a good evening. Talk to you tomorrow.

Customer:

Also I am only interedted in cataract information

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer:

Did you get my reply -not to mention my name and to include only cataract operations?

Dr. Rick :

yes. I will not include your name (I don't know your name anyway.....) and I will only inquire about how many cataract operations he has done. Got it.

Dr. Rick :

I'm going to switch to Q&A format since we will be offline until tomorrow...chat only works online. You will get an email when I post to this thread and I will get one if you post. Talk to you tomorrow am.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
I will let you know what I find out for you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning.

I talked to Dr. Dorf's nurse and also the billing person. I've got those numbers for you.

In 2009, Dr. Dorf did 392 cataracts.
In 2010, he did 412 cataracts.
This year, 2011, he has already done 262 cases.

He has decades of experience in cataract surgery and all aspects of eye care.

I hope your find this information helpful. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.