Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Please I like to know how to fix Orbital Deformity on my

Customer Question

Please I like to know how to fix Orbital Deformity on my right eye?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What caused your deformity?

Customer:

I do not know find out about almost two year and notice because it started to hurt and rubing the eye noticed a lump under the corner of eye lid

Dr. Rick :

Is it the corner by your nose or the other side?

Dr. Rick :

Upper or lower lids?

Customer:

the doctor today said if is fat???

Customer:

it is the outer

Dr. Rick :

Upper or lower lids?

Customer:

Upper and I notice a little of it on lower corner

Customer:

The pain I feel comes from behind my eye

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have orbital fat prolapse from a weak or torn orbital septum.

Dr. Rick :

This is a benign condition.

With age the thin, tough membrane (orbital septum) that keeps the normal fat pad in place behind your eye becomes weak and tears. When this happens you start to notice the swelling, or bags, under your eyes. It is nothing to worry about.

The only way to treat this problem is with surgery, called a blepharoplasty. Many times it can be done in a procedure room in the ophthalmologist’s office.

Dr. Rick :

It is difficult when you have two doctors telling you completely different things.

Customer:

I went to see a doctor out side of my insurance which told me that my both eyes almost does not move

Dr. Rick :

Are you saying that your eyes do not move normally? That you have to turn your head to see because both eyes no longer move?

Customer:

No look normal but my right eye also is turning in to the left side it started little by littlle a few year's ago

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Have you been examined by an ophthalmologist (MD)?

Customer:

My mother had same problem on her right eye "turning in"

Customer:

Yes today and last year

Customer:

But they do not give any explanation or if there is a chance to make it better or to correct it

Dr. Rick :

Your issues involve more then just orbital fat prolapse. Since you have got conflicting advice from two different ophthalmologists I suggest you, unfortunately, should see another ophthalmologist. This time you may want to make an appointment with an oculoplastic surgeon -- make it clear to her that you really want a good explanation of what is going on. You may want to bring someone you trust with you to this appointment and have them join you in the exam room.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Can you tell me where should I go to have a good evaluation, my financial situation at this present time is very bad, but I likke to see what can I do

Customer:

yes sure it does

Dr. Rick :

Where in the USA are you located? Is it possible for you to get a referral to a kaiser oculoplastic surgeon? That would be the least expensive way for you to go given your insurance...

Customer:

I am at Canyon Lake, CA "Riverside count"

Dr. Rick :

let me check. be right back.

Customer:

OK I will call Kaiser monday to what I can get from them

Customer:

Ok

Dr. Rick :

The folks at Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA have excellent ophthalmologists in all the sub specialties available. Here is their website:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.jsei.org/

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

You are lucky to be near such a word-class ophthalmology program. You will not go wrong if you can get in to see an ophthalmologist there.

Customer:

OK thank you very much if necessary I will contact you again, have a pleasant night bye

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. You have a good night also.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am OK no more questions

Thank you Dr Rick
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
My pleasure.