Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My husband, who is 83, broke his neck 1n 2008. He also has

My husband, who is 83, broke his neck 1n 2008. He also has Parkinson's Disease. As a result of this, his head is bent somewhat towards his chest and slightly to one side. He has a cataract in one eye which has caused narrow angle glaucoma. Because of the position of his head, sofar no opthamologist will remove the cataract. The glaucoma is being currently controlled by pelocarpine. We want very much to have the cataract removed. Do you know any opthamologist who works with difficult cases like my husband's. We live in New York near Poughkeepsie, but would go wherever we could get help. We thank you in advance for your attention.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I have operated on patients like your father before and, while it is not easy, in most cases access to the eye can be gained with creative positioning.

Dr. Rick :

The doctors at New York Medical College in Valhalla will be able to help your husband. They are an excellent teaching hospital located just down the road from you in Valhalla (just south of Briarcliff Manor)

Dr. Rick :

Here is their contact information:

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you or would you rather drive into the city? I know a bunch of doctors there also as I trained in NYC (many year ago though..... ;o)

Customer:

He's my husband, not my father. The NY opthamologist tried to position him without success.

Customer:

I will try Vahalla. I would also like the names of the doctors in NYC in case Valhalla cannot help. I deeply appreciate all this information.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Let me get the names of of the NYC doctors....

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Buxton is a very experienced cataract surgeon and does many difficult cases.

Customer:

Thank you again.

If these leads don't pan out please re-post to this thread and I will get you some other names. I know someone can be found who will be able to help your husband.