Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

been advised, i have beginings of cataracts, aged 71, maybe

been advised, i have beginings of cataracts, aged 71, maybe not suitable for laser eye surgery. icls suggested, cannot afford. is there any london/essex eye hospital that do student teaching, and use the public as free patients.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am not sure how things are done in the UK, but in the USA young eye doctors in training do cataract surgery, under the direct supervision of Professors, on a variety of patients. These patients, or their insurance company, are required to pay for the surgery. I would think it is the same in the UK

Dr. Rick :

However, if any eye hospital did free eye surgery I am sure that Moorfield's in London would know about it. I suggest you give them a call. Here is a link to their site:

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.